Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Psalm 32 : 8

I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with thine eye. Psalm 32 : 8

Oh the desire and yearning in my heart to be taught and instructed in the Lord is great. Unfortunately, I have this flesh that doesn't want any part of being reined in and molded into a mold that requires part of me to be removed to fit into that mold.

I acknowledge that the mold is a unique one. One that has been fashioned for me and only me. I so see the creative hand of God in the fashioning of his saints. Not one comes out looking the same as the other, a perfect unique creation of his hand. Praise his wonderful name!!!!

However, getting to fit into the mold requires shaping and re-shaping of me by the masters loving hands. I do seek for him to be in control and to minister his peace to me while he is doing it. Does that sound somewhat contradictory?

It reminds me of being put in boat tossed and thrown about by crashing waves around while at the same time being at perfect peace in the boat. Jesus was in perfect peace even though he saw the waves pounding at the sides of the boat even to the place where it would seem that the boat was going to tip and yet he remained in oneness with his father and trusted that no matter what happened that all would be well with his soul.

Today, I look to "all being well with my soul". I am trusting in God that my finances will work even though I am definitely in an uncomfortable place in allowing the bank to cover some of my bills with an overdraft protection. I am...........

Trusting

No comments:

Post a Comment