Monday, February 15, 2010

Extra long weekend

Dear Saints,

The past couple of days I have been at home with my family due to 3 days of school closings due to snow, a weekend, and then a holiday. I knew these days would be rough since things are very tough financially.

I did however realize, that my children and very much a stressor in my life. I didn't realize how much until they left for a teen retreat. I was amazed at the peace in our home and even more so reminded of it when they returned from their weekend.

Through out this time with them and without them, I have been through defeat, confusion, frustration, and finally came out on top with an overcoming spirit. I realized that much of the negativity came from me believing lies. Lies straight that came from the pit of hell specially designed to trip me and cause me to fall.

I praise God for church on Sunday. I praise him for his clarity of vision and his uplifting words that he speaks through his faithful servants.

I am indeed thankful for the body of Christ and the encouragement that pours forth from them.

As I go back to school tomorrow, I do look to apply this renewing of my mind to the lives I touch in my work place.

I do praise God for the job that my husband got a call for today. I also praise him for his keeping power.

I also want to thank him for the blessed time that I had with my mother today as we shopped for a small birthday gift for me and then had lunch at a new place. She is so precious to me. I do get choked up as we join arms and sing "Side by Side". I wonder how many more times I will get to do that with her before the Lord calls her home. I must cherish our times now on this earth!!!!

I do look forward to joining my grandmother and my mother in the heavenlies when it is my time to join them. It will be such a sweet reunion!!!!!!

Signing off for now.........
Trusting

No comments:

Post a Comment