Friday, January 1, 2010

Relaxed

Good morning dear readers,

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!

We did stay up last night and did the count down. I didn't fall asleep this year. Kind of hard with a teenage daughter who gets loud when things like that happen. Also, we live right next to a fire station and they put the siren off. On top of that the city put off fireworks which we could hear echoing in the distance.

Today we are going to my parents to have pork and sauerkraut. It is a blessing that all of my immediate family is talking. We have gone years without talking to one another due to trauma that was inflicted upon us as children.

I am blessed that we are still a "unit". I don't have the relationship that I would like with my father, but after reading "The Shack", which I would highly recommend to anyone who has hurt in their past, I have found a new hope for restoration. It may not happen in this earth, but I do believe in a heavenly restoration and forgiveness.

I am blessed that my husband and I were able to go shopping yesterday and buy food. Since funds are limited, we agreed to have a fondue night, which we've not done before. My sister and brother in law came. It wasn't the Melting Pot, but we made our own ambience and laughed the night away. In some ways it was better.

I am continuing to trust in God's provision as the time of my vacation is coming to a close. I will endeavor to fight through any negative that comes my way and see Christ victorious in each and every situation, even though, through my earthly eyes, it may not seem that way.

Signing off for now.......

Trusting

No comments:

Post a Comment