Monday, January 4, 2010

A Cleansing

Good morning, dear readers,

I woke today with the word "cleansing" on my heart. I am taking a stand on my body and putting it through the New Year ritual of a cleanse by only putting certain vitamins and minerals in it and then by not consuming sugar and fatty foods.

When we aren't consuming the same things we have been, that is considered a cleanse. Cleanse means to remove those things that may be inhibiting our bodies or our spirits to function the way they were designed by God.

Cleansing is a deep work. It's not just a wash, which only touches the surface, but it is a work that penetrates deep within our very souls and bodies. As we allow a cleansing to take place we are stripped of our desires and God's desires take their place. Halleluiah!!!

The physical cleanse that I am going through is not, at this stage, a pleasant one. There is an immediate reaction to the lack of sugar and caffeine that I have been consuming in gross amounts over the holidays. Now all the sudden I want to stop? Well, my body makes sure that I hear about that. I have a headache and didn't sleep well at all because of it. I keep drinking water to help the cleanse along.

I wonder if the spirit is much the same? Yesterday, our pastor talked about going through a spiritual inventory and checking different areas in our lives to see if God would want us to freshly commit an area, such as allowing no corrupt communication to come out of our mouths. I was immediately convicted and had to admit that I have not been pure in my speech. We are reminded that the last part of us to be bridled will be the tongue. God help us.

I know that I will be tested in my recommitment of purity of tongue. I know that God will use different opportunities to give me the chance to choose to say things of good report and not cursing or negative talk against my brothers and sisters. Will I fail? Most likely, but God's Holy Spirit will continue to give me the grace to persevere and overcome this unbridled tongue. I will not fail continually and by his grace will come to a place where the words I speak will be a blessing and not a cursing to God and his people.

I am reminded of a chorus that we sing in church.

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart,
be acceptable in thy sight, Oh Lord,

Oh Lord, my strength and my salvation

Let the words of my mouth and the mediatation of my heart,
be acceptable in thy sight, Oh Lord,

Signing off for now........

Trusting

No comments:

Post a Comment