Saturday, January 2, 2010

Anxious


Dear Readers,

Today I woke with a heaviness in my heart. I felt the sinking feeling of depression creeping upon me. I just wanted to stay on the couch with the dog who woke me up in the middle of the night to go out and then after letting her out I found that she still pooped on the carpet. (sigh).

I decided to sleep on the couch with her since it was very cold outside and she wouldn't settle. I heard her pacing around trying to find some place warm. I sleep so well with her cuddled up next to me. The next thing I remember is waking up with the clock saying 10 am, which is the latest I have slept in since the beginning of my vacation. This was my last hurrah for a day to sleep in and not have to go anywhere at a specific time. Sad.

Yesterday I went to my parents for the traditional New Year's pork and sauerkraut dinner. So good. I ate entirely too much and was uncomfortable for most of the afternoon.

My dear cousin did call and gave an update that she and her husband are going to try to reconcile. Oh, praise God for answered prayers!!!! I recently got into contact with her due to a family trial. I am glad to be able to pray for her. I know God is speaking to her heart and also her husband's as well. He will restore all the years the locusts have eaten!!!!

I find myself looking to God for assurance this morning. I need his peace. I need to know that he will continue to be with me even as the whirlwind of work begins again. I know that it will be vital for me to keep plugged into the Lord. It tends to be that I push him aside as my days become busier. This however is the time that I need to press into him deeper and deeper to keep hearing his voice and block out the lies that continually vie for my attention.

I added a picture of the peaceful water today because that is what my need is.

Isaiah 32:16-20

Then justice will dwell in the wilderness and righteousness remain in the fruitful field.

The work of righteousness will be peace, and the effect of righteousness, quietness and assurance forever.

My people will dwell in a peaceful habitation, in secure dwellings, and in quiet resting places,

Though hail comes down on the forest, and the city is brought low in humiliation.

Blessed are you who sow beside all waters, who send out freely the feet of the ox and the donkey.

I am thankful for these words of assurance today. I am indeed in need of his peace and will strive to enter into his rest in the coming days.

Signing off for now.........

Trusting

No comments:

Post a Comment