Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day 8

Dear readers,

Wow, I can't believe this is Day 8 already. Yesterday I was so blessed with the contents of my blog. I wrote about cleansing and giving the area of my corrupt communication coming from my mouth to the Lord and asking him to purify me.

I told you I would probably make a mistake and I did, but as I did I was immediately reminded of my morning commitment. The 2nd time I was faced with "do I allow unholy words to come forth", I stopped in midstream. Praise God that he hears my heart's desire to be more like him!!!! He will continue to hear my request to have a pure tongue and bring forth more and more cleansing in the days to come, I am sure!!

Yesterday as my first day back to work. I enjoyed being dressed up again. I did get a perm over break, which was a big change and little eyes opened wide as they came off the bus and saw their music teacher with curls all over her head. Kids are so precious and honest. I knew there would be ones that asked "what happened to your hair?". I smiled and answered their questions. I wasn't offended because I knew the root of their inquiry, not to hurt or inflict pain, but pure curiosity.

I see God's plan for the growth of a child as such a place of comfort and security for me. I did not have a "safe" growing place as a child and in direct result struggle with even allowing myself to be cared for by anyone, especially God. He has taught me to know him in a safe way. I am learning to go to him with an expectation of love and not of condemnation.

I know God loves me and he is teaching me with an everloving heart, that he died for me and for all of his creation to bring us back to himself. To have relationship with us and for us to glorify him, even in our imperfection as we turn our hearts to him even after we fall, he is faithful to embrace us with his arms of comfort and encouragement, once again sending us out into the "big world" to take new steps and even to help others to do the same.

My husband and I sat down with the finances last night. Things looked "short". I know that God will make a way for us. Praise him that my husband is working on 2 jobs and will hopefully get paid for them this week. Also, I got a call from a dear friend who invited us to dinner and also to look at a job that they have for my dear hubby to work on. Praise God, more work!!!!

Psalm 37:23 - 26

The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, and he delights in his way.

Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; for the Lord upholds him with his hand.

I have been young, and now am old; Yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his descendants begging bread,

He is ever merciful, and lends; and his descendants are blessed.

I DO BELIEVE I AM BLESSED!!!!!!!

Signing off for now.......

Trusting

No comments:

Post a Comment