Saturday, January 16, 2010

A day off?

Good morning, dear readers,

Today is my day off from school and work, but we have a wedding. My husband is scrambling to get a fresh coat of finish on his job before the wedding. We have a dinner invitation tomorrow and not sure if that will go through or not. Seems like a lot.

I do have an in-service day on Monday, so no teaching, just sitting and listening. Sometimes that can be relaxing?! Sometimes, not.

My heart goes out to the people of Haiti today. I wake in my warm bed and truly realize the blessing of being able to wake up with my family and have a house standing. Even sitting here and writing this blog seems pretty much like a miracle in my eyes in comparison to the utter devastation the Haitian people are enduring at this very second.

I can't imagine having loved ones and having no way of contacting them to see if they are alright. I can't imagine waking up in a house one morning and having no house to go to that night. I can't imagine the wide scale of destruction that would completely remove all water, electricity, and even the capacity of these people to make a living.

Oh the deep deep emotional wrenching that lies within the hearts of these people. Yet, what else lies there? God does allow these catastrophic events. No one can say why or even know when, but God is placing judgment upon his creation.

I know I serve a God who has a greater plan and can see even through the imprisonment of a young child in piles of rubble and debris as he witnesses their last breaths of life. I trust in him for only he can make a way in these last seconds of our lives. HE IS LORD!!!

I pray that I will be able to say that all the days of my life even through the most dire extremes that may come my way.

Signing off for now........
Trusting

No comments:

Post a Comment