Saturday, March 13, 2010

stilling the waves

Good morning,

This has been a rough one. Husband woke up with intense vertigo. Vomitted violently at least 10 times. The room was spinning out of control for him. All I could do was sit, watch him wretch while sitting on the edge of our bed pouring out the contents of his stomach into our bathroom trash can. If the vomitting and dizziness wasn't enough, he then got hit with cold sweats and muscle spasms.

Both of us knew in our hearts that this was NOT right. I stood dutifully by his side offering him tissues, sips of water, and periodically rinsing out the trash can.

As wave after wave of this vertigo gripped my husband I sensed in my spirit that I needed to take authority over this attack. At first I thought, but Lord, what if after I pray, that nothing happens and I look like a fool for trying. I weighed that in my mind as I watched my husband suffering and shaking uncontrollably.

Finally, I asked Dave if I could pray for him. He immediately said, "yes". That was the encouragement that I needed. I knew that if I opened my mouth that God would fill it with weapons of warfare. I spoke in the name of Jesus and commanded the vertigo to lose it's grip and for God to bring rest to my husband.

I was prepared to ask Dave after my prayer if it went away, only to hear him say "no"!!! But, this time, that was not the case. The rest that came upon my husband was so powerful that not only did all dizziness stop, but he fell into a deep sleep, so much so that I didn't have the heart to ask if it was gone. I saw his heavy breathing subside into shallow intakes of air that caused his entire body to relinquish itself into the peaceful sleep that was waiting to greet him as the storm came to an abrupt halt.

I only give the glory to the Lord and see him as all powerful in all things.

To God be the Glory!!!!!
Signing off for now.......
Trusting

No comments:

Post a Comment